Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcoming Myself To One Very Old Turf

Hi All,

Sometime in the year 2009, somebody urged me to join Facebook, and I did. And man, I can say that I'm hooked. Though I can say too, that I do Facebook "a little", compared to the bigger chunk of the world population who do Facebook "a lot", or, have adopted Facebook as their "way of life".

Thus this blog, left idle for God knows, and I dare not count the days I didn't log in, If I were to count, regrets would surely creep in, as it is obvious that I may be missing a lot on the joy of blogging.

But, it's not too late to get my tired fingers (it's another half an hour to midnight) to make love to the tired keyboard and jingle few alphabets. At least, things lurking at the back of my mind that need to be "dealt with" are now becoming more real and, well, dealt with.

I remember sometime back too, I had purchased a book on blogging. Not that I wanted to seriously jump onto the bandwagon and dreamt of earning six figure income from blogging. Blogging seemingly has becoming an in-thing, an arena where people freely discuss their interests, champion a cause, share some experience, be good with something and spread the goodness, or maybe say few bad things, or simply be better at story-telling.

To be either one of the "experts" listed above, is also not my mission. A simple person, I would rather talk or, err, write about simple things, read by simple people who lead simple lives.

My jottings may touch somebody's heart someday, or never, but then again, this may be another side of me that most people don't know, most people think not worth knowing, most people think impossible, most people think "no way!", most people think "she does what?" and I could go on and on.

Nevertheless, even if I may come back in another two years' time from today, I have at least something to show my grandchildren. They may be able to understand what's going on in my 49-year old mind in 2011 and get if journaled.

Or, when congkak is no longer displayed at the museum, it doesn't seem too remote to them in 2033.

Welcome to my simple life, All.